Kyoto - Kiyomizudera Temple, Yasaka Shrine, Koadiji Temple, Chionin Temple


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Kyoto » Kyoto » Gion
November 23rd 2010
Published: November 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


We took the Shinkansen (Bullet Train) in the morning from Tokyo Station to Kyoto. After we dropped our bags off at our hotel, we headed to Kiyomizudera Temple. We didn't realise it was a public holiday, and there were SOOO many people! It was amazing! Some of the young girls dressed up in their traditional dress, and some of the boys wanted a photo with a blonde haired girl (me)!

After Kiyomizudera we headed off to Yasaka Shrine, through all the little back streets of Gion. We basically just moved with the throng of people as it was so busy. By the time we made it past the Koadiji temple, it was starting to get dark. Fortunately, the temples and their gardens are lit up at night, so it is a really great atmosphere.

We had a quick visit to Koadiji Temple, then made the trek to Chionin Temple. It was dark by this stage, and the gate at the temple entrance was magnificent in the light!

Falling into bed that night was great - they even left an oragami crane for us in our room!

All of these places were great to visit, and if you can do it during the November pubic holiday, I would really recommend it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 64, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0657s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb