Day 14: To Hokkaido!


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Hokkaido » Hakodate
September 3rd 2009
Published: September 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Took trains to Hakodate. Sean died. Met boss man McCool. Impressed with hotel and price.

Christopher went to work on the train schedule today. He earned how to read the japanese rail schedule, which is crazy confusing, and got us all the way to Hakodate without any issues. I was getting dominated by a migraine for the majority of the trip so it really was all him. It was pretty awesome to ride on a double-decker train, it was not pretty awesome to have two very chatty elderly ladies behind me while i tried to sleep off the migraine. I recovered in time for the last train, the one that makes the trek under the pacific ocean to Hokkaido. We were treated to an awesome sunset coming out of the seikan tunnel, truly picture perfect with the ocean and the mountains and all of it. The train stopped at Aomori, everyone got off, a few other people got on, they swiveled the seats around to face the opposite direction, and then the train started to go back in what seemed to be the way we had just come from. We decided it was probably best to do nothing. Which turned out to be genius because we some how ended up in Hakodate. Thanks to Kenichi and Yumiko we had a reservation at the Hotel Feat so we quickly set out to find it. Turns out we also circled this place a couple times. To our credit every map has been in japanese. So we made it to the front desk and as we approached i was ready to spiti some crazy solid japanese to the very asian looking man at the front desk. Just as i started into my "sumimasen" he cut me off with his velvety smooth "Hey how are you guys doing?" From the get go i knew he had to be a straight boss. He seriously spoke perfect english. Better than perfect, listening to his voice was a lot like having a bunch of tiny fairies lightly tickle your eardrums with the slightest of puffs. magic. He was also really helpful and just awesome as a whole. He tried to set us up with a meal and a free beer and directed us to the champion of all convenience stores, seico mart.

The hotel itself was amazing too. Super cheap and super nice. And free breakfast. Red slippers too.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0677s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb