Hiroshima


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Hiroshima » Hiroshima
April 28th 2010
Published: April 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

You all know the history of this city. We arrived at night and went to see the memorial park before going to our hotels. We saw the ruined building called the ‘dome’ which is the point directly below the nuclear explosion. Since the blast was directly above this building it somehow survived and is still standing today, although all the people inside died immediately during the explosion. It was an eerie feeling standing at the exact spot where the nuclear bomb was dropped. Very sad.

The current Hiroshima is a booming modern city. It has come a long way since the world war. On our second day, with the encouraging of Tim, our photographer friend, we woke up early and headed out to a nearby island to watch the sun rise and light the temple gate which stands in the ocean a 100 m from the island. In the past, only the wealthy were allowed to visit this island and they would pass through the red gate on their way to the temple.

It really was worth seeing the temple at sunrise with seemed to light up with fire in the early sun. It also happened to be high tide right at sunrise so according to Tim, we saw it at the perfect time which only occurs once every 2 months.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb