Nagoya rocks my socks off.... yer


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Aichi » Nagoya
March 22nd 2008
Published: April 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

SubwaySubwaySubway

The subway station as we walk towards NagoyaCastle
This week has been draining but I got through all of my classes which i'm happy about and i've finally finished my 2 weeks of training! I have met some great people and made some friends too. But sadly as of next Monday we all go our separate ways to each of our cities. Nagoya has been a really nice place to expereience, in just 2 weeks I have visited Nagoya Castle as well as Nagashima Spa Land which is THE BEST theme park i've ever been too! I've also experienced Izakaya dining and I went out to Karaoke last night which was super fun! I got a little drunk and sang my little heart out!

So i'll start from Nagoya Caslte. Well Kirsty, Sarah and I decided to head on over and check out the place, it was absolutely gorgeous i really loved it, and the best part was the cherry blossoms were beginning to bloom so we were able to see them at the Castle gounds - so pretty! I also had cherry blossom icecream - yumo! The only dissappointing part was that they had stripped the inside of Nagoya Castle right out and refurbished it so the inside is now sort of like a museum with just information about the place in it. There were a lot of stairs to climb! But once we got to the top, it was a great view.

Next stop on our agenda was Nagashima Spaland which was a fantastically fun theme park and it only cost $40AUD to get in. Beat that Dreamworld!!! I went on the best rollercoaster - 97 meters tall, Max speed 153km/h and it was 8133 feet long! ARGH! It was so good, we lined up for 1 hour just to wait for it - the Steel Dragon 2000. We stayed at Nagashima Spaland for around 4 - 5 hours, it was so much fun! That night when we arrived home Albert, a friend we met during training, took us out for Izakaya. Izakaya is a way of cooking food in Japan and it was so good, we drank and ate and i tried Sake which really warms you up! You can have it warm or cold, but warm is so much better!

We also managed to fit in our first experience of Karaoke in Nagoya with the people we train with. It was really
DSC02345DSC02345DSC02345

Sarah and I in the Castle grounds
fun. On our last day of training we decided that that night we would go out and celebrate! We caught a train to Sakae to find somewhere good to eat but ended up in an italian restaurant!!! Then went to Karaoke and sung our little hearts out!

On Friday we had to have all of our bags ready to be delivered to our apartments except for what we want to wear this weekend as we weren't moving to our own cities until monday 31 march. So Sarah and i went to Sakae today to find another bag for our stuff that we didn't pack and found like a cheap wheely trolley bag for $20. Tomorrow morning we travel out of Nagoya by Shinkansen to Tokyo. We have to leave our apartment around 7am to catch a train to Nagoya and then transfer to Tokyo. At tokyo we then go on different trains. I have a stopover for 1 hr in Tokyo train station! I then get another Shinkansen to Kitakami and i arrive around 1.30pm.


So I'm excited but nervous as i don't know what to expect living by myself in a new place where they don't
316931831693183169318

OOOO i can see it!
speak english! But i'm excited too! I'll keep you updated once i arrive in Kitakami!!!

Until then, don't forget to email!!

Megs xoxox




Additional photos below
Photos: 48, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

imagebackgroundimagebackground
imagebackground

pretty tree
31693223169322
3169322

A stone thing - don't know what it is but it's pretty
Cherry blossomsCherry blossoms
Cherry blossoms

Cherry blossoms!
Plumb BlossomsPlumb Blossoms
Plumb Blossoms

Plumb blossoms so pretty
Cherry blossom and meCherry blossom and me
Cherry blossom and me

Me and Sakura!
31693303169330
3169330

everyone crowding around
31693333169333
3169333

castle grounds
flowersflowers
flowers

Plumb blossoms with cherry blossoms behind
31693403169340
3169340

Cherry blossoms
Nagoya CastleNagoya Castle
Nagoya Castle

this is a little castle near nagoya castle
31693573169357
3169357

me in front of Nagoya Castle
Here she is!Here she is!
Here she is!

beautiful
31693693169369
3169369

Everyone walking inside
31693713169371
3169371

love it


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb