Day 3 - Kendari


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Sulawesi » Makassar
July 7th 2010
Published: July 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Claire: So we've finally found out the true extent to this epic journey... We will arrive on Friday after lunch, having left Kendari tomorrow by boat to BauBau, then after a 3 hour stop off we will catch a 9pm OVERNIGHT ferry to the main Wakotobi Island, followed by a further boat to Hoga which *should* arrive at midday on Friday.

Ellie: eeeeeeeeek! haha

Claire: Thanks for that Ellie... Anyway, the last night in Jakarta was eventful with a movie night of Mansfield Park and Northanger Abbey followed by horror murder films on HBO. (Why read Austen when the ITV series are so good??) Our masseuses came round at 6 and it was a very oily experience, but definitely worth it! We had a relatively nice and a late meal in the hotel and saw some guys wearing the OpWall T-shirt which filled us with confidence.

This morning we left at 6! Which was horrific, our flight was 2 hours earlier than our itinerary had said, which was interesting, we sat at the wrong departure gate with 5 mins before our flight was due to set off.. Again, interesting. But we had joined a larger group by then, (12 I think), so had safety in numbers at least. The flight was only 3 hours, and Kendari and Sulawesi is covered in rainforests, which makes a change from the shanty towns of Jakarta. It feels like we're on our way now, but the next two days will be boat filled, and very tiring.

However we are both in good form, obviously very tired, jet lag is still playing with our body clocks, and the constant traveling in the heat seems to be relentless! Ellie has just gone out with other members of the group to get a sim card for her phone (she'll post this evening, after we've grabbed some food), so we can make cheap calls on the island. We've been told to warn you that the internet is not perfect, and we have to pay for it, so it may make sense to call every now and again, if we can't upload our blog for a while that is!

Hope all is well at home! Speak soon! xxxxxx


Advertisement



7th July 2010

looks like claire's pretty much filled you in!! sim = back up in case orange has no signal. We have just spotted a gecko on the ceiling!

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0769s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb