Pagandaran


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Java » Pangandaran
September 22nd 2009
Published: September 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Pagandaran

7hour hot sweaty crammed smoky horrible bus to Pagandaran from Bogor. Arrived and had made friends with Martijn (Holland) and Veronique (French, who would be the first of many of the French Maffia I were to be acquainted with in Indonesia- Stephen, im thinking of you here!). We then spent the next 3 hours trying to find accomodation - again, this is no exaggeration from the very truth of it, Indonesian holidays and everywhere was still full! Finally found somewhere though and went for a meal with some other people we’d met on route.

Next day, surfing lesson day! Absolutely brilliant, not a world champ yet or chasing the tubes, but I managed to get up at least for a few seconds before bundling into the sea and nearly drowning!

Visited the Green Canyon, so beautiful but testing my swimming abilities to the max, im ok in a pool with the side just there, but in a huge canyon with rocks surrounding you, with no way up, and massive rapids and currents dragging you around - I was nervous!!! But it was fun and I didn’t drown so that was a relief!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb