More Bali!


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali
December 28th 2007
Published: December 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, our Christmas Day was a little different to the usual! - We went body boarding on Kuta Beach! Unfortunately we don't have any photos because we couldn't take our cameras with us - bit tricky keeping them dry! In the evening we went out to a restaurant called Nero for a really nice meal and some very good red wine and cigars (Sel). Getting there and back was interesting... the monsoon rain that had been pouring down all day (including when we were body boarding!) had flooded all the streets! So a bit of wading was required! And we got a lift home on the back of one of the waiter's mopeds which was fun!

We spent most of boxing day shopping and eating! And then yesterday (27th) we got the bus from Kuta to Ubud - where we'd stayed for our first few days in Bali (with Bruce, Nita and Joey). When we arrived we were shocked to find out that Bruce was in hospital with suspected Dengue Fever. The hotel owner very kindly drove us there to see him. The view of rice paddy fields and mountains from his room is a little different to what you get at Macclesfield DGH! Hopefully he'll be back at the hotel soon and on the mend. In the evening of the 27th we had a wander down to the Monkey Forest... where there were loads of monkeys getting up to no good! One pounced on me (V), grabbing onto my bag and wouldn't let go! I had to spin round to get it off! Was a little scary actually - was worried for a second that it might bite me! Funny though!

Today (28th), we hired a driver who took us to a few different places around Bali - the highlight was seeing the volcano and lake high up in the mountains. We sat watching this view change as the clouds came and went whilst eating lunch. It was absolutely stunning, and apparently we were very lucky to have such a good view as the clouds have been too low for the last four days. On the way back down we had a bit of a tour through lots of rice paddy fields and stopped a couple of times to see temples and walk down through the rice terraces. It was so hot and sunny! Which makes a change from all the rain we've had recently!

Right, we'd better go... hope you all had a good Christmas and that you've got lots of New Year parties planned!

Tomorrow we're flying to Australia! Darwin here we come...!

(If you haven't already noticed we've added photos to our previous Bali blog... )

V.x and S.x



Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Indonesian woman selling fruit!Indonesian woman selling fruit!
Indonesian woman selling fruit!

happily posing for a photo!
'Sacred Herons''Sacred Herons'
'Sacred Herons'

like uk herons but smaller and white with yellow tufty hair on their heads!


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0649s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb