Bali, Ubud Day 114 - 116 Nov 17th - 19th Nov


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Ubud
November 17th 2011
Published: September 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Sri Bungalows



So we arrived in Ubud, which is an inland town set in the mountains, the drive to it was pretty fantastic with some amazing scenery. The town itself is know to be very "arty" there are lot of craft shops and clothes shops selling one off designs it is a beautiful place and not very commercial, but you can still get a convenience shop and there were two big supermarkets so there is nothing we could have wanted and not gotten.



The guest house we were staying in was made up of separate building with 4 rooms to each the rooms were very big and they had a really nice private balcony/terrace outside our room where they served tea in the afternoon. There was also a small swimming pool which looked out over the rice fields behind us.



To get to the pool you follow the path through the grounds and they have lovely mature gardens, only I noticed something I really didn't want to. Up in the trees there was the biggest spider I have ever laid my eyes on, it was easily the size of my head and its web was about 3 foot wide between two trees, well G and I nearly died and we spent the next 3 sleepless nights convinced it was coming to get us!



But that aside Ubud was lovely, there was a big forest named Monkey forest which we didn't go into cus the as the name suggests it was full of vicious looking monkeys. When we got to the gate we saw them climbing up on people taking off hats and sunglasses and then they would attack each other and one of them was covered in blood so we just thought nah not interested, so we just walked around it, and then the whole town, which was tough cus it is a big town, and set in the mountains there were a lot a very steep hill and it was hot, about 32degrees and very humid.



We found this lovely restaurant that did this amazing coconut chicken, so we went back for that a second night, we also had some drinks in this bar that had a live band, half way through they took a break and asked it anyone in the audience would like to sing. So this tiny Vietnamese girl got up to sing Jessie J, Money and blew us away, she had the most amazing voice and still when I hear the original of the song I remember her take on it and much prefer it.



We really likes Ubud, it was hot a sticky but had this really good chilled out feeling to it, and there were practically no hawkers in your face trying to sell you stuff, only downside for me were they wild dogs roaming the streets, still not quite over that fear yet!



Rx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb