3 days in Bali


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Seminyak
June 5th 2006
Published: June 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Day 1

This is my second time to Bali. Instead of staying at Four Seasons, Ubud, Jo and I stayed at the Oberoi at Seminyak. This hotel is been around over 20 years. I must say it has a lot of character. I particular like the fact that it is right in front of the Seminyak beach and the sound of the waves is astonishing. The garden view lanais is acceptable but it's kind of small. However, it gives you a personal touch on small details like all the shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and bath gel are inserted into small glass bottles rope with labels. They are re-usable hence a bit wore out. There are 3 candle stands place around the bath tub below the ground. Lavender soaps and even shower cap are wiped with leaves.

Once we arrived, we walked on the sandy beach on the right hand side. About 5 minutes, we hit our favourite bar - Ku De Ta. It's the best chilled out sunset bar. It has a unique Bali-chic charm. With 2 large spot lights pointing the strong waves from Indian Ocean and the chill out music play by the DJ, it makes the whole atmosphere wonderful. We can lucky enough to get a seat right in front of beach. Actually, to be precise those are not seats but beach chairs. Joe and I enjoyed our cocktails, lied down on the chairs, listened to music , sound of the waves and watched moon and stars.

Day 2

On our second day morning in Bali, we walked along the Seminyak Beach towards Kuta direction. We walked pass the Royal Seminyak and reached Bar De Ja Vu. Our real city walk starts on East JI. Double Six, North JI. Seminyak, West JI. Lesmana, then back to Oberoi. It was a tough and hot day for walking. There are lots of small shops around this district of Seminyak. At lunch break, we stopped at the crossroad of Jl. Abimanyu and Jl. Basangkasa - Warung Ocha's for some authentic Asian cheap eats. In this place, you can select your excellent Indonesian warung food from vegetable and meat dishes in a glass display case. It's very nice and cheap.

After lunch, we continued our walking tour at Seminyak district. On our way, we stopped at Espace for massage. I have to say it's very different from my previous experience. The masseurs combining Swedish (long stroking) and Oriental (stretching) , remedial, tension relief, and special 'lying down' reflexology massage. The result is a superb massage, relaxing and rejuvenating and easy on the wallet.

Around 5pm, we finally backed to our hotel. We were lucky enough to catch the sunset in front of our hotel. Instead of indulging ourselves in the hotel swimming pool, we decided to do something different - body surfing. The waves looked very strong, and we were hesitated at the beginning. However, our hotel provides life guard for about 20 meters coast line in front of our hotel, so we pursued our adventure activities. We had a lot of fun and got really exhausted at the end. For me, thinking of loosing a few pounds, I did another 3 laps of swimming afterwards.

We had dinner starter at the Living Room. It's supposed to be the best Eclectic Asian in Bali. It's big and bright with good music. It's because of the Best Bets Privilege Club card, I managed to get a complimentary living room CD. It's a satisfactory experience. Later, we went to Kafe Warisan for main dinner and desert. It's such a classic in the Bali culinary entourage. Very classy, sophisticated, yet cozy ambiance and top notch, quality service. What can I say... " I will be back".

The night was still young, we both went to Hu'u, the best late night High Octane bar. There is a swimming pool in the middle. It's the place to hang out. We had drinks and cigars on the cushions on top of a land of grass. It's such a relaxed and chic place.

Day 3

On the third day morning, we went to Rip Curl to learn some serious surfing. Our target was to stand on the surf board on top of the strong waves. It was a fun morning and we took some cool pictures of us standing on the surf board. At noon, we had lunch at Made's Warung at Seminyak. We had crab and fish. It was an acceptable lunch. I don't find the taste any particular good. Around 2pm, we attended a 90 minutes Legina massage at the Legina. We booked a ocean view villa a day ago. It's very comfortable and spacious. The Legina massage we requested is a dynamic fusion of five massage styles including Shiatsu, Thai, Swedish, Balinese and Hawaiian Lomi - Lomi with two therapists working in synchronization to lull you into a blissful state. It's not cheap at all, but worth trying. Right after, we walked to Ku De Ta for a pre sunset coffee. Again, we did some body surfing around 5pm. It was better than before because we gripped the ideas and techniques from surfing lesson that morning.

Before dinner, we had a bottle of champagne in our room. After that, we went back to our favourite restaurant - Kafe Warisan. This time we ordered with a bottle of red. We were so drunk that night, as usual. We went back to hotel after dinner.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb