Day 8 Rest and relation


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Nusa Dua
October 13th 2009
Published: October 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 8
Rest and relaxation
Today Peter left early in the AM to have the scooter repaired. I stayed behind and did some research on where our next stop would be.
We are interested in the area to the North West. This part of the island seems much more remote and I’m uncertain what we will find. We need to start narrowing it down, after tonight we will only have only one more night then we will be officially homeless. We have no room reservations any where and no idea which direction to go.
Peter came back a lot sooner than I expected and my concentration waned. Peter told me they weren’t busy at the repair shop and they were able to get on it right away. He was back in less than 2 hours! The major disaster on our vacation seems too be behind us now with the bike being repaired. This was a huge relief. The family we rented the bike from was very conversational and friendly. The bad part is they were on the path to dinner. There is one road with restaurants and only one way to get there. The town is small and as you can tell from my writing the Balinese don’t miss a thing. We had to avoid this family for 2 nights by walking on the other side of the street. That doesn’t sound too weird but there is no reason why any one should be walking over there because there is nothing there! I told Peter they probably already know about the accident. Every single person on Bali has asked us what has happened to him. If they don’t see him they look at my elbows and ask what happened to me. Peters wounds are much more pronounced and with him around the questions don’t come my way ; ) All the way up and down restaurant row “ AAAHHHH what happen to you? Motor scooter? AAhhh! Get medicine? Oooh ya get a pill?
I kept expecting the shop owners to show up at the resort asking for an explanation about what happened to their bike. Surely by now they had to get wind of the Americans that crashed on a scooter. When we rented they didn’t ask to see a room key, driver’s license, insurance card, Master Card, or Visa. NOTHING! We just gave them $22 and said ‘bye’.
We both agreed we have been way over stimulated these last few days and we need a little break. We hung out at the pool and did nothing all day. It was nice. It is funny how you go on vacation and you run and you run and you run. And then you begin to wonder, when does the vacation start?



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb