Lazing in the pool all day


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Kuta
December 13th 2006
Published: December 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Its too hot here to do anything else other than laze at the pool all day (or really in the pool cos its so hot to lye down on the sun bed)! 😊 We havent really done much in Bali since we have been here other than just relax in the sun! Since my last post we had a delicous sea food dinner on a lovely beach at sunset for Ulrika's birthday. We enjoyed a relaxing 3 hour treatment at a spa resort for 20e each! We also took a temple tour of Bali with a nice english couple and we were all scared at how they drive here in Bali. We only saw one accident the whole day and Im surprised we didnt see more!

Anyways the royal temple wasnt as grand as its name but was nice. We saw many rice fields along the way (which covers about 20%!o(MISSING)f Bali I think) but mostly we saw lots of poor people trying to sell things (drinks,fruit, sculptures) in run down shacks that followed the road nearly everywhere we went.

We visited a temple that had over 500 monkeys living there and were able to hand feed peanuts to a few hungry monkeys. The nicest temple we saw all day tho was Tanah Lot, a temple that sits on a rock in the sea. It was really beautiful at sunset, so we got some good seats on the cliff top and ordered some coconut to sip on while the sun went down. Very nice 😊.

Yesterday we had lots of fun at a water park nearby. It was very quiet which was great cos we didnt have to queue for anything really. We went with the english couple again and towards the end it was like we had the waterpark to the 4 of us!

We have only 3 days left in Bali but I'm looking forward to visiting Singapore on Saturday. We hope everyone at home is well and have sorted out all the Christmas presents you are supposed to buy! Its a bit mad Christmas is 12 days away...for us it seems like time has stood still for the last few months as most of the time it feels like our summer holidays!
Anyho take care everyone!


Advertisement



18th December 2006

Christmas is upon us
Hi Paul and Ulrika, I can see that you are putting a good face on it by trying to show that you are enjoying yourselves whereas all the time you would really prefer to be here in the dark and the rain? Anyway, Christmas is upon us here in a big way, I heard on the radio, when driving into work today, that Irish people will spend twice the EU average per person on Christmas presents.................I would believe it, the shops are jammers and it will only get worse as the clock ticks down...............shopping is not for the faint hearted, the young or the frail! Any sign of a fat turkey or a bit of Limerick ham out your way?
19th December 2006

Christmas in singapore
Its billed Christmas in the tropics and the whole city is heavily decorated for christmas! They even have a huge christmas nativity set lining their main shopping street. The shopping there is mad too...when we arrived last Saturday we went for a walk and the shops/restaurants etc we all full up until 11.30pm and the streets were packed with people. The restaurants are also catering for people who would like their turkey and ham for christmas. Unfortunately we are leaving singapore today, to head into malaysia, so we will have to see where we will end up for christmas!

Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb