Bali Day 02 - South to Jimbaran


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Jimbaran
February 12th 2012
Published: February 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we decided just to relax and go shopping before heading off to Jimbaran Bay for our sunset dinner. It is, of course, our 35th wedding anniversary today, the reason for our trip.

We had breakfast at the hotel and then went for a swim in the pool to occupy a few hours. After this we went to Carrefour for a bit of a look around the store. There are a lot of small shops in the complex so we looked at them before heading into the hypermarket itself.

As usual we forgot to eat lunch so by the time late afternoon came around we were starving and ready to head down to Jimbaran.

The afternoon was just sensational and the bay is beautiful, with the exception of all the rubbish on the beach, mainly plastic. The taxi driver took us to the beach area and dropped us off at his commission place, all the cafes have drive-in drop off points. As we had arrived early, about 75 minutes before sunset, we had planned to go for a walk along the beach.

There are many, many restaurants in this area, all with their tables set up on the beach. As we walked along the beach they greeted you and showed their menus. They would offer different options especially once you asked for a fixed price menu. Most of the prices and menu items were fairly similar so we decided on a café called New Matahari Café.

The greatest thing about tonight was that the sunset was sensational because the food was extremely disappointing. The whole fish was dry and had to be boned and the rest of the dish was overcooked, prawns, mussels, crab and squid. And the flies – as soon as the food appeared so did they. A consequence of sitting outside on the beach.

In saying all that, the sunset was amazing and once it started to go below the horizon it happened so quickly. All in all, a reasonable day, a sensational sunset but a disappointing dinner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 42; dbt: 0.076s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb