Trip to Munsiyari


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttarakhand » Munsiyari
November 1st 2008
Published: November 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Munsiyari



A small hill station in the Kumaon region of Himalayas is now getting featured heavily in all the travel magazines. It is located at 7258 ft above and probably showcases one of the best views of five distinct peaks of Himalayas. These five peaks in a cluster called Panchachuli . The views described in these magazines made me decide a trip to Kumaon which I felt would be a must see.

We started our journey from Kolkata by 3019 UP Bagh express which took us to the nearest railway station Kathgodam the 3rd day around 9:30 in the morning. From there we took a cab to Almora another hill station en-route Munsiyari in the Kumaon range of Himalayas. We took an overnight halt there and the next day morning took a private taxi to Munsiyari.

Distance between Almora and Munsiyari is about 224 kms. It took around 10 hours to reach Munsiyari. But I must say that if you are going for a leisure travel there the actual fun is in the journey between Almora & Munsiyari. The scenic beauty that you see along the route will definitely make you feel refreshing. Staying in the urban city like Kolkata we forgot what we have in store in our country. Pure oxygen, no pollution untouched places all along the way to Munsiyari amidst the Himalyan ranges made us feel like we are travelling to heaven. We took the route through Seraghat - Berinag - Thal.

On our way we had to cross mountains after mountains just countless to say. There are hundreds of 'water falls' that we had to cross. These water falls washes the motorable road and one will have to drive the car through these unknown water falls. It is bit dangerous but this adds the beauty in the road. There are 3 rivers that we had to cross namely, 'Ram Ganga', 'Gauri Ganga' and 'Sarayu'. The view of Saryu river from Seraghat will definetly bring you out of your car to take a snap. The colour of the river is so green and the water is so clear and pure that it cannot be explained in words. After this sight me and my wife together said its worth coming.

After spending 10 wonderful hours in the treasure house of nature around 6 O'Clock in the evening we reached Munsiyari. We were so tired that we took our dinner early and went to bed with the hope to see a wonderful view of Panchachuli next morning.

Next morning 5:30 am both of us were on the terrace of our resort waiting for the sun to rise and throw some light on the famous Himalyan range to create an explicit view of Panchachuli. The sky was not that clear and our hopes were going into the drain. Suddenly our wait came to an end and the 5 peaks of The Great Himalyan range was visible in front of our eyes. It was Awesome The panoramic view of the Great Himalyan peaks fully golden in colour due to the sunrise cannot be expained by words. I thank God that she has given me this opportunity to have a wonderful view of Panchachuli.

I must recommend all my readers to go to Munsiyari, a small hill-station in Kumaon range of Himalyas, atleast once in their life. We stayed there for two days and enjoyed the place to its fullest.

Places to see in Munsiyari:
1. Panoramic view of the 5 peaks of the Great Himalyan Range named as Panchachuli.
2. Nanda Devi Temple
3. Madkhot - Hot Spring

2 days stay is enough for Munsiyari. Trek lovers can start their treking from this place to different glaciers like Pindari or Milam.

I also want to make my readers aware that power cut is regular phenomenon there. The only mobile connection that works there is BSNL.

Best time to visit:
October & November

I have uploaded some pictures taken en-route Munsiyari and also at Munsiyari. For any information you may email me at anustuplahiri@gmail.com

Anustup Lahiri

Travel Blogger Batch


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



4th November 2008

suerb
just awesome...very good work.carry on...
9th April 2010

Trip to Munsiyari from Kausani
Hi Anustup, I am planning a car trip from Kausani to Munsiyari in June. Any idea how long it will take? Is it possible to see the places and come back to Kausani on the same day ? Thanks in advance
13th July 2010

Superb narration & good photos
I had traveleld to Uttarkhand this May but missed Munshiyari ( since my daughter is only 7 yrs , may not be able to take the road journey) and after seeing the photos & your writing I feel the urge to explore the hill station as soon as possible. Thank you.
6th September 2010
Sarayu River from Seraghat

I love this place
I love this place , & miss a lot ,its my birth place......
20th January 2011
Sarayu River from Seraghat

nice picture
wah, nice photo graphy.............. thanks
21st October 2011

You have really compelled me to make a trip to Munsiyari. You have very tenderly covered the description of your trip. It would be appreciated if you would have mentioned the details of lifestyle and availability of basic needs in Munsiyari. It would be a great help to the readers to prepare themselves before visiting munsiyari. I have been thinking to visit this place since long, hopefully I will be there in this november.
5th June 2012
Sarayu River from Seraghat

Beautiful
Seraghat, Holy Saryu river and of course my native place. Beautiful Photo.
29th August 2012
Nanda Devi Temple Munsiyari

god tample nanda devi
kaun kehta hai ki bhagwan .............
14th October 2012
Sarayu River from Seraghat

nice pace......my home town
14th October 2012
Sarayu River from Seraghat

nice
nice pace......my home town
14th October 2012
Nanda Khat From Munsiyari

good
oh,,,,oh..... good
31st October 2012

Nice writeup Anustup.
7th November 2012

Thanks
Thanks Dear Regards Anustup
20th December 2012

hiii
nice pic
9th May 2016

Feel your soul
Very nicely written and much informative for the Munsiyari goers
27th December 2018

Beautiful Blog.
Nice and helpful post you have share author. Thank you for sharing. Please visit - http://parjatakguru.com
21st July 2020

Taxi Service in India
Gorgeous pictures and awesome clouds! Very informative blog and suggestion for travelers, awesome pics. Thanks for sharing this post.

Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0735s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb