The City of Love and the Taj Mahal


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Agra
May 20th 2013
Published: May 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

The Taj Mahal is a dream come true. Set in the city of Agra, aka, the city of love, this mausoleum built by Shah Jahan in memory of his favorite wife is truly one of the few sites around the world that lives up to the hype. Built of beautiful marble, the Indian people work diligently to ensure its beauty remains. You're required to wear booties over your shoes and they don't allow outside food, drink, flashlight, etc. Good for the site, not so good for those puny white girls with wide brimmed doofus hats in the 115 degree heat. I woke up as Bruce banner, the heat had me green before the end of the day --- hulk smash!
Anyways after a quick punch in the face (mental straightening out), I was better able to appreciate India. And there is a lot to appreciate here. Customer service is taken very seriously and I feel very safe. People are incredibly kind and they are not as aggressive sellers which I appreciate so much. Our hotel rooms have ac and breakfast included. The omelettes are made with eggs from these tiny little white chickens that just can't put too much energy into creating a yolk, poor little things. Animals are skeletal, emaciated and either working, being raised for food or are feral. You are just as likely to see camels as you are water buffalo, cows abound and are referred to as the traffic police by our guide as they randomly appear in traffic. We've seen neel gaie (wild animals I need to research), monkeys, a billion golden eagles, neem trees ( used in beauty products), bougainvilleas in full bloom and much more.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



21st May 2013

Fun
Well it seem like you are really enjoying yourself,and the sites are beautiful,just keep having fun and take it all in,Love ya Grams
22nd May 2013

India love
Wow, I am enjoying traveling along on the blog, thank you!

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb