Day 1 - Project


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Tirunelveli
July 16th 2014
Published: July 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone!!



Today we started the project; we all are exhausted but so proud of ourselves. We started of the day with noodles, YUM! Shortly after we headed to the building site, there we were told that we were extending the back of the chapel for the school. This entailed digging 5ft holes, knocking down walls and making a ramp for a lorry. During the work, the sun was beaming, but we kept hydrated and smothered in sun cream however it did result in a few smelly students. Whilst being here we have had time with the children which have made us all realised why we are here and why we want to make a difference. After this a football match kicked off between us and the school, which lead to a 2-1 defeat. Before dinner we went to the schools chapel and we were taught sign language, which will help us communicate with the children who are all completely deaf. Right now we are all relaxing playing cards and reflecting on how lucky we are at home, and how we can make a difference.



Lots of love



Jake & Rosy (Project Leaders for the day)



xxxxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb