Mamallapuram


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Mamallapuram
March 16th 2010
Published: March 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Beach!



Hurrah for the beach!!!

With a massive park full of natural, and man-made rock temples to play in we spent many hours exploring and marveling at the skill and patience of the sculptors and carvers who created this amazing spectacle.
With a long beach and so many rocks/ caves around its a good place to escape the crazy temple towns of Tami for awhile.

Granite carvings seem to be specialist work here with temple deity's been crafted here for export to new temples around the globe. Stone mason chisels and drills run from sunrise to sunset.

Rising at sunset we watched the fisherman retrieve their nets before finding the 5 Rathas/ temples carved from a single boulder.
A popular traveler hang out it has been a great place to stock up on suppliers and prepare ourselves for the journey to Bangalore to fetch GP. (Have have to go via Chenni, not our first choice)

We have received many requests from those of you keen to join us for an itinerary. A rough idea for the next few months is as follows: These are still rough.

India - April & May, Nepal - June, Tibet - July (Subject to visas), Indian Himalaya/China - August (Just a thought at this stage, depending on visas), South East Asia/ Indo - Sep to Dec ,NZ - Dec.

Next Stop Bangalore and GP joins the mission......




Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.351s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 70; dbt: 0.2215s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb