Mumbai, India.


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Mumbai
March 26th 2009
Published: March 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Mumbai, India


Up until a few years ago it was called Bombay, like so many Asian cities which have changed their names in recent years. With an estimated population of 13,000,000, it is the largest city in India. We have been here twice before and have stayed or dined at the Taj Mahal and Oberoi Hotels where the terrorists attacked last year. Accordingly, we haven't felt any sort of strong urge to go ashore this time. If you want to see a capsule of India, go to see the movie ´Slum Dog Millionaire, which Granny Lynne saw yesterday on the ship.



The primary tourist attraction in all of India is the Taj Mahal palace in Agra, India. There is a tour from Queen Victoria going there. You fly about an hour and half by jet to Agra and spend one or two nights. The palace is one of the seven wonders of the world and absolutely beautiful, especially at sunrise and sunset. Again, we have done this before so we did not sign up for the Agra tour as it is quite expensive. Those going from the Queen Victoria will rejoin the ship at our next port, Dubai.



You might be interested in our passenger makeup on this last segment of the World Cruise. 1714 total passengers, 174 Australians, 88 Canadians, 818 from the United Kingdom (England) and 398 from the USA.. The balance are scattered among 29 other countries from around the world.



Next stop: Dubai



Love to all, Granddaddy and Granny Lynne


Editor's Note: I believe we are almost exactly half way around the world from all of you.


Please click on the links below for the tracking map, the Queen Victoria Bridge webcam and the Queen Victoria tracking map.

Chuck and Lynne's Satellite Tracking Map

Webcam on the Bridge of the Queen Victoria

Queen Victoria GPS Tracking Map



Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb