The Maximum city


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Mumbai » Worli
June 19th 2011
Published: June 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Marine driveMarine driveMarine drive

Also known as the necklace road/ Jawaharlal nehru road, marine drive is close to the heart of every mumbaikar. I have seen people getting drunk, breaking up, partying, crying, laughing and ya passing out, which inlcudes my self. You get to see all the faces of bombay when you are at Marine drive.
I stayed in Bombay (The old name has its charm) for a period of 7 years and the pictures that i have put up here are some of the places that are a must see. A good way to explore Bombay is on foot and the buses. Commuting via public transport is one of the best ways to explore the culture and the life of people in Bombay. While you are in Bombay I recommend you must do the list of things mentioned below. This is give an idea of the real essence of what bombay is all about.
1) Colaba causeway - Most of the guide books have this spot listed so I wont talk much about it.
2) Dharavi - If you are bombay its a must you explore the slums. It not only teaches you how things work in Bombay, but it also highlights the growing disparity between the have and the have-not's.
3) South Bombay - Take a bus ride to explore the city, specially south bombay. Catch bus no 123 and 138 from churchgate and take a full city tour. These bus routes takes you to a lot of places that are not listed in the
Elphinstone CollegeElphinstone CollegeElphinstone College

Most of the old buildings in the city have gothic architecture. The designs are influenced by the British architecture, the islamic architecture and the art-deco style which was quite popular in the latter half of 1950's.
guide books. I highly recommend it from personal experience.
4) Bandra - this place has a charm of its own. Also know as the queen of suburbs, bandra is the junction where Bombay meets Mumbai. From clubs to coffees shops to tattoo parlors and a great night life, Bandra has something for everyone.
5) Partying - Compared to most Indian cities, Bombay has a great nightlife. From high end clubs to cafe mondegor, and a host of other places to have fun, you cant go wrong with partying in bombay.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

CauewayCaueway
Caueway

A great place to meet new people, hangout and shop!
The OvalThe Oval
The Oval

Oval is probably one of the largest open places in Mumbai.
The clock tower and BSEThe clock tower and BSE
The clock tower and BSE

Two of the most iconic structures in Bombay. These two building have been featured in various magazines, on television and guide books. They sort of define Mumbai.
One of the slums in MaladOne of the slums in Malad
One of the slums in Malad

When I talk about disparities, this is what i meant. You see the slums in the front and highrises in the background.
VTVT
VT

One of the most iconic structures in Bombay. Although it lies in a dilapidated condition right now, anyone who likes architecture is surely going to love this place. It does not offer a tour, but if you want to see the place, then just sneak into it and there would be no one to bother you!


Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0682s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb