I didn't think that anywhere would be as bad as Peterborough Bus Station...


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Jalgaon
November 17th 2011
Published: November 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Jalgaon after a comfy 20 hour train ride. Not much sleep but apart from that it was quiet boring!!

Jalgaon is a crap heap. Not alot more to say apart from that. We did however find a nice hotel that was reasonable next to the train station. Luckily we where only using the city as a stop gap for the Ellora and Ajanta Caves. Luckily!!

After checking in we consulted the Lonely Planet for somewhere tasty to eat, also our hotel manager recommended a place called Hotel Ayra. So off we trudged very tired to order some more cheese as a substitute to meat. No service after 15 mins and I went to go get some menus, which looked about as old as the original gospels of the bible. Must be popular I thought. Balls was it. Heather was quietly eating her Paneer Tikka when she started giggling to herself. 'Why Heather what are you laughing at?'
Oh a mouse just ran passed Jodie's head, and we were seated next to the kitchen. She didn't want to say anything as she was really enjoying her mouse shit curry. Swiftly the waiters came over (after me and Jodie roared and lept up) to look for their little furry friend. I think he was a regular at the gaff.

So after not eating much at all we made our way to the Ajanta caves, using a public bus which actually turned out ok. They are pretty wicked, all Buddhist and waaaay old. The Ellora caves were alot better and more varied and are well worth going to.

We treated ourselves to some chicken that night as we were knackered (could never have guessed we all love our meat!!!)

We couldn't get onto the train that I booked 8 weeks ago and the tourist quota was full which was annoying. Me and Ciaran managed to find a bus to Indore (from where I had booked an alternate route train to Jodphur) 8 hours, over night and sleeper beds!!! We thought we had struck gold.

Turns out not. Every little fucking bump made us fly about 3 feet in the air!! No sleep!! Indian roads are so bad, even worse than the road to Heather's house! Me Heather and Ciaran attempted to spoon on the double sleeper bed in an attempt to hold each other together so we didn't go flying. Another shit idea!!

As the bus pulled up we all promptly fell asleep and then had to be rudely awakened by the bus driver.

Indore, another stop over crap heap. Hotel Neelam (as recommended in the Lonely planet) was half painted and ran by a moron. No word of a lie. Mine and Ciarans room had no working shower, the residue on the sheets from the previous guests and their rubbish aaaand a cockroach under my pillow. But we were so tired none of this mattered.

Our day in Indore was amazing, we found a western shopping center and had lunch and browsed. And then were rather indulgent and went to the spa. (Ciaran went to be cultural and visit the palace which was rubbish and got lost and overcharged by a rickshaw driver...gutted!!!) Me and Jodie opted for a full body scrub and pedicure and myself the scrub and Indian Head Massage (so yes cultural!!) Heather has a head massage which she hated! Too much money spent and Visa's handed over we left feeling like new women.

We waved Indore a thankful goodbye and got the train to Jodphur. Things can only get better......



Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb