Day 3 - Orchha


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Madhya Pradesh » Orchha
October 13th 2009
Published: October 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post



Day 3 - Delhi to Ochhra

Notes - thanks for the messages, and we forgot to mention the weather. It's hot, really hot! Due to the internet speed being that of an ambling cow, we are struggling to add any more photos, so bear with us, we will try and add some later.

We left the hotel to catch the 6am train and were allocated seat numbers, which given the chaos on the station was probably a good thing. Not long after the train had set off, we were brought a flask of hot water and a small tray with tea bag, milk and sugar. Under the tray was a small menu, listing the two breakfast options, veggie and non-veggie. We opted for the non-veggie which promised to be an omlette. Breakfast came with brown bread in a bag, lurpak and mixed fruit jam, and omlette. We couldn't work out why it was non-veggie, as it didn't contain meat, and we ate it anyway.

When we arrived at the station, our tuk-tuk's were waiting to take us to the hotel. This was another hair raising journey with the added spice of wandering cows all over the road to avoid, as well as people, motorbike, cars and tuk-tuk's. You don't really need a licence to drive in India and in rural areas no-one takes any notice of the speed limit. When we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted by the owner who told us that the hotel used to be a hunting lodge and used by one of the Maharajah's. It was a welcome sight after the Hotel Perfect and even had it's own pool. The room was very spacious with clean linen and towels, and we even had our own lizard in the bedroom!

The afternoon was free time, so we took the opportunity to relax by the pool with a beer. Our guide gave us an option for dinner to go into the smal town and have pizza. We met later on and took tuk-tuk's into town and sat outside the back of a family run restuarant. We spent most of the night deflecting the insects that were dive bombing us, but luckily no-one got bitten. The pizzas were nice, but did take a long time to come. When we got back to the hotel we sat out in the grounds for a drink and were treated to the local band from the hotel playing on an "unusual" set of instruments to no particular tune.

Tomorrow we are visting the palace in Orchha, and are going to a cooking class.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

View from roof of hotelView from roof of hotel
View from roof of hotel

Jahangiri Mahal Palace
Our Hotel Our Hotel
Our Hotel

Bundelkhand Riverside


Tot: 0.234s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 102; dbt: 0.1919s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb