Day 7 Bandhavgarh


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Madhya Pradesh » Bandhavgarh NP
October 21st 2009
Published: October 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 7 - Panna - Banhavgarh

After the slight disappointment of Panna we headed of to Banhavgarh National Park for our first safari in seach of a tiger. This Park was alleged to have had around 70 tigers, so with a sense of anticipation we were picked up after breakfast and set off on our 7 hour journey in our minibus to the Mogli Jungle Resort. The journey was extremly bumpy and we all were very glad of the few stops we had along the way for lunch and toilet breaks where we could stretch our legs.

When we arrived at our destination the hotel looked quite promising from the front and we had been told that they had a swimming pool. Unfortunatley that is where the good news ended. We all had a quick look at the pool on the way to our rooms and were all extremely disapointed to find that the pool was covered in algae and looked like it hadn't been used for quite a long time. There was even a dead frog floating in it. We got to the rooms which were ok but there was no electric, no hot water, no toilet roll and no mosquito coils in the rooms. Our tour group leader had some quite strong words with the hotel manager and he promised to get everything sorted, so we decided to have a beer and chill out whilst they sorted everything. The Manager came across to offer some excuses, including that it was Divali and his staff were on holiday, however this was no excuse as the booking had been made over a month before. Unfortunately they had no beer or fruit juice, so again the manager apologised to our tour leader. At this point a few of the people in our group were getting a bit fed up with things and stirred up what became a bit of an argument with manager and were threatening to go to another hotel. Anyway eventually the electric came on, the hot water was sorted out and the rooms were kitted out properly. The Manager also conceded to giving us our evening meal for both nights free of charge. We even managed a beer later on even if it was warm. The last peice of disappointing news was that again because it was the beginning of the season, there would be no elephant safaris as the elephants were still in training. Puja said that she would contac the next hotel to see if this would be available there instead. After a bit of a chat we all decided to get a shower and try and get a decent night's sleep as the next day we had a 4.30 wake up call to set out on our safari's.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 26; qc: 99; dbt: 0.1354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb