Kumily


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Tholpetty Wildlife Sanctuary
January 4th 2007
Published: January 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Helloooo!

Our last entry is from Periyar Wildlife Sanctury before we head to Mumbai to catch our flight home.

We have had a brilliant time here and got really lucky with the animals we saw where most go home disapointed!! We went on a jungle safari starting at 5.45am, we went on a jeep into the jungle and saw eagles, mongoose, massive squirrel things and bison. Then after some breakfast we went on a hike mission to find wild elephants. The three hour treck consisted of chasing fresh ele poo and footprints, we got pretty close but alas no joy. Later in the day we went on a boat ride and just as we were due to leave we found four elephants just by the riverside.... hooorah!!! Then on the drive out of the jungle we got really close to another one as you will see on the picture. The scenery was all really stunning, set in the Western Ghats.

The trekking took it out of us a bit so we got ourselves an early night. The next day we went to visit lots of different spice plantations and tea and coffee factories. We saw cinamon, nutmeg, cardamon, vanilla, cloves, all spice, cocoa, pineapple, bananna, etc etc.... there isn't many foods Kerala can't grow!!

In the evening we went to a martial arts show and Kathakali traditional Kerala drama/dance.

We have really messed up this morning and gone to the wrong airport to catch our flight to Mumbai - whoopsie!! Oh well, we managed to sort it out and we are hoping to still get there in time to watch a bollywood film before flying home tommorow.

Can't wait to catch up with everyone at home xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0769s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb