Over the Hills & far away


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Periyar National Park
March 24th 2010
Published: March 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post


Not me, I love the sun. Wherever we were, whatever country we were in, I had the sun. Maybe for a little while, Maybe for longer than usual, but... it was always there. - Portraits of a Sari ,Sari Phillips


After our houseboat cruise we spent the night in Allepay , with a Indian dinner in an air conditioned resturant , the first one we have seen here. The next morning we took a bus through hairpin turns to the town of Peryiar where the national state park is. In the morning we went on a boat cruise around the lake on a ferry hoping to see some of the wildlife maybe some tigers and elephants that live in the park, but we only saw some boar and bison, no tiger spotting for us. We rode Indian elephants on a strange saddle that consisted of just a blanket and some metal bars with handles. After a tour through the spice gardens we enjoyed a Indian martial arts show , a tradition that is thousands of years old. The performers use yoga, meditation and acrobatics as well as fighting with swords and shields. The next day we once again boarded the bus past fields of tea plantations and enjoyed the view . Tea is still picked by hand here and giant scissors . Amoung the tea bushes are tall trees for shade . We tasted tea and headed for Varkala a beach along the cliffs.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



24th March 2010

sometime, we WILL have lunch and chat! In the meanwhile--continue enjoying your wonderful adventures--
29th March 2010

visit bandhavgarh and kanha for tiger siting..

Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0603s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb