Day 10 - Kollam


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Kollam
December 31st 2008
Published: January 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: NYE Party in Kochi 8 secs
Yes, we got hugged! We started the day with a journey to Amma’s ashram - the famous hugging guru. The ashram is one of the most peaceful places I’ve ever visited . . . and it’s really beautiful to watch the community work together to make the place function.

Once we received our “darshan” (token) to meet Amma, we waited in line for her to show. After 30 minutes, a huge procession moved through the ashram. Amma made a rock star entrance! As she walked on stage, she touched the hands of the people lined up on her left and right…her 40-person entourage following quickly behind her.

When it was my turn to hug Amma, she smiled, embraced me, chanted in my ear and kissed my cheek. Remembering what our friends in Udaipur told us about her famous healing powers, I felt a force of energy run through my body followed by a feeling of peace.

Later that evening we celebrated New Year’s Eve at our hotel’s poolside blowout bash with a huge buffet and the most unusual entertainment - an Indian Pop Rock band and a DJ from Russia. Steph and I were thoroughly entertained by all of the Indian men dancing together as the women clustered on the sidelines. Everyone was having a wonderful time! We’re off to Delhi tomorrow morning, and on to Varanasi.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb