Day 8 - Kochi


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Kochi
December 29th 2008
Published: December 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This morning we arrived at the Udaipur airport at 7AM for our flight to Kochi (SW coast of India) via Mumbai. Due to the fog in Delhi where our plane was coming from, our flight was delayed for 4 hours. Udaipur's airport is ultra modern and pristine (another reason why I love this city!). The head of the airport's customer service quickly found us in line at check-in and told us that he was trying to reach us all morning to tell us about the delay. He rolled out the red carpet for all of the passengers on our flight, setting up complimentary food and beverages at the airport's restaurant.

We spent the next 4 hours talking with Joel, a film editor and his girlfriend, Denise, a vintage clothing owner from Venice Beach, CA and her daughter, Sarah from London. We immediately bonded and shared our Indian travel experiences. They had just returned from a train ride to a remote village North of Udaipur and were on their way to Goa. When they found out we were flying to Kochi, they insisted we visit this Ashram about 2 hrs outside Kochi to see the female guru, Amma. She's famous for curing people through hugs. In fact, their friend came to India to see her when he got cancer, and claims that he is now cured due to one of her hugs. We decided to cancel our backwater boat tour and instead visit the famous hugger this Wednesday. Stay tuned for Wednesday's adventure!

During the drive to the hotel, Steph pointed out that a goat was in a tuk tuk. I didn't think it was that big of a deal until I looked more closely and 9 baby goats were inside! Fortunately, I had my camera ready to capture this moment.





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb