Gokarna – oh I do like to be beside the seaside – with Nezzi and Khaliq. By Zoe


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Gokarna
April 19th 2011
Published: April 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Om BeachOm BeachOm Beach

Cows live on the beach, what a great life.
So after spending a long day on numerous modes of public transport getting to Gokarna we finally made it to our accommodation at Om Beach. We spent the rest of the day on the beach and at the restaurant before heading to bed. We woke up in the morning and although we had been sleeping under a mosquito net we were attacked by mosquitoes. I claim that mosquitoes have evolved to not make that annoying buzzing sound so they can attack you in stealth.

So Nezzi and Khaliq had finally arrived in the middle of the night although we had to wait until lunch time for them to wake up! We spent the day relaxing, playing cards (uno and skip-bo), walking on the beach and eating of course! We then arranged to get up early the next morning to walk over to Paradise Beach.

Early the next morning we walked to Paradise Beach – a bit of an experience, being guided by dogs and being barked at by dogs so much so that we took a different path – but we made it there in one piece. After a yummy breakfast we went for a swim and then caught the boat back to Om Beach (none of us liked the idea of walking all the way back to our accommodation)….after more relaxing we ate, swam, played cards and ate some more before we went to bed.

Our last day at Om Beach and I didn’t want to leave. After breakfast and checking out, Brett and Khaliq decided to head to another beach north on Om Beach. Nezzi and I being lazy decided to hang around and wait for them to return. Brett and Khaliq returned after getting lost and not making to the other beach (in their defence the beach was over a massive headland). We then had something to eat and headed to the train station to catch our train back to Mumbai….

A night trip on the train and we were back in Mumbai…


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Om BeachOm Beach
Om Beach

View from one of the headlands we walked over whilst being guided by a dog.
Nezzi and KhaliqNezzi and Khaliq
Nezzi and Khaliq

Breakfast at Paradise Beach
Nezzi and INezzi and I
Nezzi and I

Still on the boat.


Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb