Day 11 - Leh


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Jammu & Kashmir » Ladakh » Leh
June 5th 2011
Published: July 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

We had the luxury or sleeping till 7am for the first time since we started this trip on the 26th of may 10 days ago.

Got up and arranged for applying for the inline permits and then had breakfast and went to the main bazzar and went to a mechanic to get the JPs bike checked just opposite the SN memorial Hospital. The mechanic there did a few things and told us that was all he could do and at high altitudes the bikes give some small issues like this and it is not a concern.

Then went and had lunch at German bakery and came back to the hotel by 4pm. Since the permit had not come cancelled the Khardung la program and then fixed up taxi for Pangong lake and then took a nap for about an hour.

Then at 5 pm went to Shanti stupa just about 2 kms from our hotel where we got some good aerial view of Leh and took some fantastic photo shots and then went to hall of fame which was a museum of Ladakh and Defence forces. The visit to this museum was really a hair raising experience getting to know a lot of details on various wars that india had to fight with our neighbours both Pakistan and China who have attacked us at various times how our soldiers were successful in defending our borders. Reading stories of some of our brave soldiers who were responsible for various acts of bravery and giving up their lives and defending our nations pride was heart warming and brought goose bumps.
Later we all went to the main market and did some tshirt and cap shopping and then had dinner at World Garden cafe a branch of German bakery and returned to the hotel Thongsal by about 10pm and slept.

Photos of Day 11

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=pottumarthi&target=ALBUM&id=5625221889842364465&authkey=Gv1sRgCK3z5aXNxYLaygE&feat=email

Advertisement



1st August 2011

Appreciation
Thanks for sharing experience.....I have been to leh many times and can't explain the beauty of the place in words. For best leh trip deals.......visit traveltriangle.com

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb