Kargil/Srinagar!!!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Jammu & Kashmir » Kargil Town
July 15th 2010
Published: July 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

28th - 29th June
After visiting the Hot water spring at Panamik, we drove to khardunla with just one pit stop for lunch. It was not as crowded as we saw the other day, so we went to the top and got some pictures. By now we were all used to AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness), Oxygen Kit that we took was never used and we never felt like we were at 18300 ft. I guess our plan to first go to Chang la did work. Khardungla captured!!!!

Our next target was Kargil, we decided to take a Srinagar root back to Chandighar. We saw magnetic hill on our way, tried our luck and the hill seems to have lost the magnet to pull the vehicle when the ignition is off. Road was good from Leh till we entered Kashmir. Zojila pass was blocked due to land slde, BRO did a great job and cleared the land slide in no time. Passing the Zoji la was a great experience, roads were really dangerous. We really have to appreciate the driving. On top of we had decided that we will drive all night to reach Kargil. After a long drive we went to Drass and saw the Kargil war memorial, we also went to Kargil. After that we went to Srinagar. Srinagar was tensed due to some issue with military but let me tell you that tourists are treated very well even during tense time.
We had to settle in the out skirts or Srinagar, we hired a room near manasbal lake. Hospitality was good. We did have a small discussion about Kashmir’s situation with the hotel manager. We had decided that we will leave Srinagar early to avoid any clash.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb