A trip to Jamta - Nahan


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh » Nahan
April 19th 2009
Published: April 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Valley full of cloudsValley full of cloudsValley full of clouds

Morning view from Resort
It was my first birthday after marraige and my hubby was in a mood to give me the best gift. So he told me to be ready early in the morning on 20th Sep 08. without even knowing where we are going, I did all the preparations with food packing, and we left at 6:30 in the morning by car. On the way he told me that we are going to Jamata - a paradise in hills of Himachal Pradesh and i was in great surprise. we enjyoed the long drive with music and halted for some time in Karnal to be fresh. Karna lake there was a good attraction and the shopping center on highway was cool place for people on long route. After that the way lead to Ganagnagar but we couldnot visit to barage there as the way was unknown and it was raining too. We then headed for Suketi fossil park, but bad luck there too. The road was broken due to heavy rain so we decided to go directly to Nahan from there. After many confusing suggestion by local people about the way to kala-amb and many kilometers on the wrong way,we were getting somewhat upset, at that point a good advice by a local shopkeeper showed us the right path and silhoutte of hilly range brought back our energy.
After reaching Nahan, we were convinced that it will be worth visiting the place and all our tiredness was gone away. The way from Nahan to Jamta was full of natural beauty. It was cloudy weather and evening was heading. So the scenes were amazing. Valleys full of clouds was making me to scream in surprise but i had to control my feeling as driving in hills, especially in rainy season when the roads were broken at many places, is quite risky and Deepak had to concentrate on it.
We reached Jamta around 6:30 in evening. it was quite dark till then. We took a room in "Grand View Resort" which was quite good and comfortable. Night view of valley from resort's lawn was terrific. Since we were quite tired of long journey, we decided to take rest in the evening. In the dinner hall, we met a family from Delhi, and we became friends. they were looking for a vehicle which we already had. so we decided to visit Renuka Ji next morning together.
Next day, after breakfast we all left for Renuka ji, a 45 mins drive from Jamta. On the way nature was spreading its beauty everywhere. Hilly staired fields, reflection of clouds on hills, small waterfalls filled with rainy water, river in the valley, all these were forcing us to stop and take photographs. We halted next for few minute at Badolia waterfall. It was raining then so we had to take umbrella. Its around 100ft high waterfall flowing down and after crossing a bridge, submerges with a river. on the foot of fall is a temple named "Badolia temple" which is surrounded by water. Its amazing to see and hear the noise of this waterfall.
We reached Renuka ji in afternoon and visited "Parshuramji Temple", which is on the bank of a lake named "Parshuram Taal". Here is a series of old temples and "Mathas" spread in a wide area. the whole area is so scenic and relligious. After visiting the temple,we took lunch in HPTDC run "Renuka Hotel". Himachali kadhi and other food stuff were very delicious. From there we drove to Renuka ji Lion Safari. Its a forest surrounded by a 3 Km long lake named "Renuka lake". However we could move around the 62 -hectare safari by car or jeep, we opted to go on foot. It took us around 3 hours to cover the area but the pleasant weather, scenic beauty and glimpses of lion,leopards and beers made the journey memorable. While moving, In the lake water you can see tons of large fishes and giant tortoises.
From there after purchasing some "Prasad", we moved back to our hotel in Jamta. After spending the night with day's memories, we left for Delhi the next morning.
It was such a nice and memorable trip, I can never forget it. My hubby really gave me the best unforgattable gift.




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Rainbow in mountainsRainbow in mountains
Rainbow in mountains

Rainbow welcomed us in morning


20th April 2009

very very nice
your trip to jamta inspires me to go there and i am getting exited. the details are attractive and informative. keep writing about your wonderfull trips.
21st April 2009

Thanks
Thanks Deepu for giving your comment. I will keep writing about my tours.
16th July 2009

More Information
Hi , This is rajiv Based at delhi , I also want to take my wife there could you please let me know litile bit more information like where to stay and if possible ph no of hotel so I can book the room and best time to go there or other thing which you think we should know ........ thanks for introducing us to this grat place . regards rajiv raj_656in@indiatimes.com

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb