TREKKING FROM MCLEODGANJ TO TRIUND: 9 KMS


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh » Mcleod Ganj
May 28th 2012
Published: May 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

All planning done…





And we woke up in the morning with the news of our cab tires puncher.





Start was not that good but finally we managed somehow to start out journey to Mcleodgunj by 7 am….





On music system had songs from 90’s…..





Next stop was to a local dhaba in Himachal for breakfast. Had paratha and tea , clicked few pics and felt that we are going to have a lifetime experience…





After all the gupshup and 90’s songs..reached Mcleodganj by 11.30 am.





Packed some chocolates, chips, packet of fag and a bottle of wine and here we start our trek to TRIUND.





We reached Galu Devi Temple(from here you can see distant hills with waterfalls), our first stop amidst lot of laughter and fun.





Resting there for 10 minute, we again started our trek ,the weather was hot and sweating in the next 15 minutes.

We decided to take a little rest after every 25 minutes of trekking.





Saw a musician composing songs and so requested him to play a song for us and guess what he did,





‘’I CAN BE YOUR HERO BABY’’ (1ST HIGHLIGHT OF THE TRIP AND YEH WE DANCED TOO…..😊





We started again at a fast pace and had a great time while trekking….a life time experience…





After a series of rest,trekking , chocolates and lot of laughter ,we reached oldest tea shop
MAGIC VIEW.





THE SCENERY from magic view is exceptional. U can actually very clearly look at entire Dharamshala and the red colored magical stadium.





Had maggi with tea there and spent quality time as the most difficult part of the trek was about to start.





We had reached almost half.





Almost after trekking for 25 minutes we show snow clapped hills which we have to cross and all were first timers except me.





But with gr8 ease each one of us made it and felt very proud of ourselves.





After another 2 hours of trekking we reached TRIUND.





Everyone was so tired and feeling exhausted, but as we stand on Triund and saw the DHAULADHAR hills, words cannot describe the beauty. It was magical and we felt so charged up, it was awesome.





Unpacked our luggage and changed to warmer clothes and it becomes very cold there at night.





As planned, with the help of local dhabawala, made our camp fire and started the adda(Bengali term meaning gossiping).





For next 5 hours …we played games…enjoyed mother nature and got back to our rooms…





Slept well…





In the morning, Packed and departed to Mcleodganj.





NOTES:





1.
IT’S A 9 KMS TREK FROM MCLEODGANJ TO TRIUND





2.
ANYTIME IS THE BEST TIME TO TREK THIS PATH
(EXCEPT FROM MID-NOVEMBER TO FEBUARY)





3.
THE TREK DOES’T REQUIRE ANY GUIDES AS IT IS NOT
A VERY TOUGH TREK .





4.
IT TAKES ALMOST 5 HOURS TO COMPLETE THE TREK IF
YOU ARE ON A NORMAL PACE WITH STOPS AND SNACKS.





5.
BOOK YOUR REST ROOMS IN ADVANCE AS SOMETIMES
THEY ARE NOT AVAILABLE.





6.
90%!C(MISSING)HANCES ARE THAT YOU HAVE TO USE NATURE’S
BATHROOM.





7.
OVERALL, IT IS A GR8 TREK AND AL THE BEST.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0833s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb