Keylong on a cloudy day.


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh » Keylong
November 8th 2013
Published: November 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

After this Trekingus Interuptus, we decided to stay an extra day in Keylong. Keylong is a small town on the Leh-Manali "highway-track-full of holes-dirt-road". We also copletely left Ladakh and Zanskar, we are now in the state of Himachal Pradesh.

When we arrived yesterday, there was a pleasant feel in the town: Sunny! Shops!! Hotel with shower!!! Restaurant!!!! etc.... We had 2 showers in a row;-) Ate Indian food till we exploded, so we decide to stay here for an extra day, moreover there are some day-treks to do here too.

Today is not as sunny as yesterday, and the shops are all closed, but anyway we did a walk to a gompa on the other side of the river. The photos you're looking at are taken from the gompa. So you can see that it was a steep down and a steep up!

We were a bit frustrated of having ended the trek so abruptly, but after today's hard walk, we'll be ok NOT to trek for awhile!

We also met the small group of Swiss we had been trekking with for the last few days. We went for dinner at their hotel, and we came in contact with big tourist groups, with common buffet style dinner, buying souvenirs at outrages prices and shouting loud conversations. What a shock after the quiet mountains...

Tomorrow Manali, let's see what this will be...


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb