Fun on the sun kissed beaches of Goa


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Varca
January 23rd 2014
Published: January 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Goa is the coolest place in India. It is one destination that can be visited again and again and people can never get bored of it. My friends and I decided to take some time off and have some fun at the beaches in Goa. It took us around 12 hours to drive to the sunny beaches of paradise. We had booked a bungalow in Varca, which is located in central Goa. We had a beautiful 3 bedroom villa with a common swimming pool to which we had 24/7 access. And that is exactly where we spent our first afternoon in Goa. We had some cocktails by the pool and played in the water and had lots of fun. In the evening, we decided to go to the beach and have some Goan food and the best Goan beer, Kings. Varca is a pretty secluded beach as it mostly has 5 star hotels, with their private beaches. The beach only has one shack, Mama’s Kitchen. There is also an amazing restaurant right opposite our accommodation, Toncia. The butter garlic prawns that we had there are to die for.



The entire night, we partied at the small terrace that we had in our bungalow. In the morning, we decided to hit the road and picked up a few bikes on rent. These bikes were ours for the rest of the trip. Finding petrol in the area is a little difficult as there are no fuel stations. So we always made sure that we filled the tanks whenever we went out of the area. We hung around the Colva beach throughout the afternoon and even shopped a little. There weren’t many tourists in the area as this is also not a very famous tourist spot. So, we had a nice shopping experience as we had their undivided attention. The boys from our group were hanging out at a bar nearby and we joined them once our shopping was over. Post this, we headed north and went to Calangute. This is one of the most popular beaches in Goa. It is flooded with tourists from everywhere. We had dinner in one of the beach shacks and went to Curlies, a famous shack that is located on Anjuna beach. Anjuna is located very close to Calangute. Curlies is a favorite hangout of foreigners and is a preferred by party lovers. The party at Curlies went on till early in the morning. We waited at the beach till sunrise. What a beautiful view it was. I don’t remember the last time I saw the sun rise.



After having breakfast at a nearby bakery, we headed back to Varca. After a one hour ride, we were back at our rented home. We woke up just before sun down. Today we were in the mood for some dance and music, so we head off to Club Cubana which is also in north Goa, close to Anjuna Beach. The music in the club was fantastic and the dance floors spread across different levels. The crowd was as energetic as us and we danced till our legs hurt. We left the club at around 2 and were home by 3:30. The next morning, we had to Colva Beach for some water sports. We tried the Jet Ski, Banana Boat Ride and Parasailing. I remember just how many times we all fell in the water during our Banana Boat Ride. It was a lot of fun for the entire gang. And that was the end of our trip as we had to head back to Mumbai the same night. We gave the bikes back and feasted on the Goan sea food for the last time. Until next time Goa is all I can say. It is the only city that gives you a hangover. You take a while to adjust back into your normal lives and can only think of reasons to go back.

http://www.magicholidays.info/

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb