36.5 Hours By Train To Goa!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Palolem
April 3rd 2008
Published: April 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

36.5 hours By Train!36.5 hours By Train!36.5 hours By Train!

My bed on the train.
After visiting the Taj Mahal we got caught up in yet another scam and ended up boarding the Goa Express Mail Train from Agra to Goa. We had paid for the fast train which was estimated at 22 hours, but it took us a staggering 36.5 hours. Although we had a decent bunk, I was climbing the walls by the time we reached Goa. We were exhausted, so I crashed out and slept most of the first day in Goa.

We spent 5 days in Goa, most of which was spent on the toilet with food poisoning. Goa has got a nice chilled out atmosphere but has nothing on the beaches of Thailand. To be honest, I was a little disappointed; probably from the hype I had been lead to believe.

On Palolem beach, it is bizarre that 90% of the bars close at 12:00am and only the silent disco remains! Silent Disco you ask? Its strange watching party goers dancing around in the sand with synchronized headphones to get around the noise pollution laws of Goa. Its probably the only place in India there happens to be any law and order, and for the first time I have seen the locals strictly abiding by the rules.

We have been staying on Palolem Beach in a falling apart beach hut. Its a bit of a budget backpacker destination, but we are only using it as a short break to re-energize ourselves and clear the pollution from our lungs before returning to the cities for round 2 with the locals.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.189s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 25; qc: 106; dbt: 0.1141s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb