BEST EVER DAY


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Candolim
September 25th 2011
Published: September 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

DID WE SAY I DO

Getting Married

My name is Maureen and I am married just over 2 years to Derrick who was born in India. We met in Turkey on the last day of his holiday. He asked if he could keep in touch with me he living in London and I in Northumberland.
After many phone calls and visits up and down the country we became engaged. When we visited Goa we decided to get married and thought it would be nice to do it on our beautiful complex in Candolim where we have our apartment.
Easy you think NO. We had to visit a solicitor in Mapusa 30 mins away on the scooter and then he told us we would have to have 5 affidavits from people who new us. They had to attend in person. Then 3 appearances in court before a Judge. The court appearances where at a drop of the hat so we all had to just drop what we where doing and race to Maupusa to the court.
There where many trips to the Panchyat (Candolim local council) for certificates to be married and then to the notary office in Mapusa for verification.
Up to now it had taken 7 weeks and many trips on our scooter to Mapusa and finally 3 days before we left for England we returned to the Notary and received a hand shake and our marriage entered in the Marriage book. Was that it we thought. Hooray completed. NO. Its not that easy, you do not get your certificate of marriage until 2 weeks later which was posted to us in England.
We came out of the Notary and looked at each other bewildered and amused. DID WE SAY I DO. So we sat on our bike and toasted our marriage with a bottle of water.
As there was no one there on the final day to celebrate with us our friends on the complex threw us a wedding day celebration the next day. They arranged every thing . We had all the trimmings flowers, food, drink and music and our gardeners made an arch for us to go through it lasted all day and night I don’t know how they managed it but it was the BEST DAY EVER





Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



25th September 2011

Fab pictures & write up, it\'s a lovely place, can\'t wait to come out again, not till next year though.
27th September 2011

I have known maureen for years since our teens. I have been out to Goa and can say the complex and appartment is stunning but Im only sorry i mised the \'Wedding\'. However we have made up for it since!!!!!!!
27th September 2011

best ever day
Its only a pitty you did not have a spare 7 weeks holiday we missed you

Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb