Goa!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Arambol
April 5th 2012
Published: April 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well I write this after a lovely couple of days relaxing on the beaches here, Goa is definately completely tourist friendly, its such a break from the hustle and bustle and sometimes quite rude behaviour in the north of India. Here there is loads of beachy things to do, loads of things to buy (eek!) and beautiful food to eat.

My stay in Goa hasn't been completely smooth though, as I mentioned in the last entry I started to feel quite unwell en route, and I actually ended up having the full diarrhoa and vomiting on the flight down to goa. By the time I arrived in Goa I could not face going any more than 5 miles from the airport. So i ended up staying in a little place called Bogmalo, which was like a fusion of mainland India and Goa (it had the beach and some resturants but the beach had lots of cows on it!). It was an expensive day, couldnt get a room for a reasonable rate but was feeling so ill i paid 700 for a room (I currently am in a similar room but with better location for 250!).

Felt much better the next day and moved on to meet my friend Natalie in Benaulim. That was a nice little place, met another English girl, Julia, there as well and we all hung out. Natalie really wanted to check out the scene at Arambol though, her friend recommended it, and here we are (4 buses later). It is great. This is a little holiday from the constant culture shock and sightseeing as; here its just sun, sea and sand really. Move on tomorrow, to Palolem- just for the one night i think, then to Hampi, a backpackers favourite place, so looking forward to that.

Hope you are all taking care of yourselves :-)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb