Indian adventures


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Arambol
January 29th 2011
Published: January 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We are now in Goa!!! In some respects it is exactly what I thought it would be and in others it is still quite traditional. We are in the far north in Arunbol, a place that is full of long haired, drealocked g string wearing yoga loving vegetarian misfits!! I have the idea some people come here to visit and never leave again they also never shave or have a haircut again!! It has its charm and the beaches are lovely and we have eaten some of the best food we have had in India but it is a little to western for me! The contrast from other places is huge, here everyone wheres bikinis etc but on all the other beaches in Karantaka and Kerala it is wiser to wear shorts and T.shirts, the Indian ladies all wear saris even for swimming.
We spent 1 month in kerala which is where we had Christmas and New Year, we celebrated this with festivals galore, music, food, dancing and lots of visits to different temples where we saw beautifuly decorated elephants. The Keralan people are very kind and friendly and we had many visits to peoples houses to meet family and have dinner with them, the boys made so many friends.
have to finsih here as the battery is about to go!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0644s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb