The Charming minar...the jewel of hyderabad...


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Andhra Pradesh » Hyderabad
September 1st 2013
Published: September 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Charminar simply catches my breath every time I go near it...it is definitely one of the most romantic places in hyderabad. There are just too many times where me and Babo have lost ourselves to this magical minar. If you are visiting Hyderabad and not visited Charminar, then there is no meaning to the visit - until it is a boring business trip 😊





This is the icon of this wonderful city. This grand minar shows no signs of slowing down to urban growth. The Charminar is a unique wonder and should be protected and cherished for ever...We recommend a early morning drive to the Charminar or if it is in the middle of the day, park your car in Koti and take an auto...or else be ready to drive in snail place, but General Nizam's hospital consoles you with a neat parking space just at the foot steps of charminar...




The minar charms you and knocks you out before you know you are in heart of the this old city...Some of the must try things are...

Govind Anna's Dosa - The yummiest dosas you can ever eat, there are layers of onion, upma (yes rava upma), coriander, potato, a special secret masala bundled with a dollops of butter...this "butter dosa" is for die for! Right time to go there is 6:30 AM. You have to reach this bandi (hand cart) early morning without being mulled by the crowd which comes to devour these dosas...by 8 AM there are so much of junta that you cannot even see Govind Anna's dosa cart…


Ramzan's night market - Every year, the countdown for Ramzan begins with this 'out of the world' market which blooms only in the night. I just could not believe my eyes when I saw this for the first time, there were ocean of people thronging around Charminar for this Ramazan special market. This was by far the best market you can lay your hands on...yes the shops are so densely packaged and you hardly can stand there...but that is the fun of the place…

Bangle bazar - This is a boring place for a guy...but you can watch your girl go crazy seeing the zillion bangles strewn all over the place, actually I have never seen so many trinkets in one place…

Famous ice cream - Yes, the name of the place is famous and it is very famous too…100 Rs = 5 generous scoops of icecream (pista, vanilla, strawberry, butter scotch and tutty fruity) + handful of cashew nuts + 5 wafers + a sinful amount of raisins...All you need to do is, go to the place and park the car...they will rush out to greet you, take your order, serve the ice-cream with a smile and bill you...awesome service for sure…!

Minar chai and samosas - Not the specialty of the place, but I cannot come away from the place without having these delicious samosas with mint chutney and wash it over a Irani chai (another specialty of Hyderabad).



If there things are not enough, there is the fruit market (recommend the sugar cane juice), laces and zari market (another rocking place to buy Kurtha or Patani suit), perfume market and pearl market (I would not recommend buying anything until you know the shop…) ..The way this grand minar has captivated us will be engraved in our memories which made the stay in this city super special.


A apology note for Kittu: Too bad, we had to leave you baby as the place was too crowded and unsafe to bring you here. I am sure you will be reading this some day and getting angry at us...but in our defense, we did loads of shopping only for you in the night market (90%!o(MISSING)f the stuff we picked up was for u...)… cute shoes, dresses, pajamas and crazy amount of trinkets 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.268s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0491s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb