Day 8 - Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
March 30th 2012
Published: April 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 8

Today we made our way to the Golden Computer Arcade located at Sham Shui Po where we wanted to look for some obvious computer related items. It is recommended as THE place to go but we weren’t overly impressed by it. It guess it depends on what you are after but for us it was no good. Directly outside of the arcade is a street full of markets selling ridiculously cheap clothing (especially kidswear). We had a look around the markets and even saw a lady in a restaurant shop window hand amking dumplings. We then hopped back on the MTR to make our way to Tsim Sha Tsui.

Directly outside of the station is Kowloon Park so we thought we would have a look around this large oasis in the City and let the kids burn off some energy at the playground. Unfortunately the only eatery we could find was a McDonalds and we were very hungry so that’s what we had for lunch. The burger Stu and I had were actually really yum as it had a beef patty with a mushroom and pepper sauce on it.

The girls had a really nice, long play on the playground and Frankie had an absolute ball crawling around everywhere and climbing up whatever he could.

After a couple of hours at the park we made our way for the Temple Street night markets. These were just awesome to walk into. The atmosphere was fantastic. We were there quite early so I can only imagine what it would be like much later in the night. There were stalls selling allsorts from clothes, watches, souvenirs, artwork, jewellery etc. We spent a couple of hours there looking around and then found a small Thai Restaurant where we had a few different dishes to share. We had the best soft shell crab we’ve ever had as well as pork belly, mixed veges, rice and spring rolls. Delish!

Back on the MTR to Causeway Bay station and home for the night. The view of the harbour was a lot clearer tonight so hoping that will mean a clear day tomorrow to visit the Peak.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb