Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Lantau Island
September 17th 2010
Published: September 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

We landed in Hong Kong at about 6am. We stashed our bags at the airport then headed out. First we took the subway into town. It was easy to figure out. It also happened to be rush hour, so that was an experience too. We stopped at a few stations and went up to street level to look around. We didn't have any maps, or any idea what we could go look at, so we didn't see anything in particular. The skyline in HK is amazing and the harbor view was great too. After our subway adventure we took the train back to Lantau island. We took a bus up the hill to see Po Lin monastery and Big Buddha. The bus turned out to be more of an adventure than we had imagined! The road was very steep, narrow and windy. As soon as we got to the monastery we climbed the steps up to see Big Buddha. He is 25m tall and made of bronze. It was quite a sight and the scenery from the top of the mountain was beautiful. After that we looked at the monastery then had a vegetarian lunch there. It was pretty good.
To get back down the mountain we took a crystal cable car ride. It's like a gondola with a glass floor. The ride took about 30 mins. and we goofed around taking pictures. When we got to the bottom we had to go back to the airport to get checked in for the flight to Phnom Pehn.

Love Court

We also could not believe how clean it was in Hong Kong, there was always someone sweeping or wiping off a surface. The blog entry is late because we had original wrote about Hong Kong on my iphone but it lost it some how in the Hong Kong airport.

Trev


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb