Hongkong-Macau getaway


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Lantau Island
March 24th 2009
Published: March 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hongkong-Macau Getaway!

It was December of 2008 when I decided to get a ticket thru online booking to Hongkong and Macau. As usual, i planned instantly and called my travel buddy Gie, college friend. All set, Hongkong trip is scheduled on March 11, 2009 and exit will be in Macau on March 14, 2009.

The most awaited day came and we headed to Terminal 3 at around 5:00 in the morning. Flight is at 8:00 am. Just have with me 1 backpack and a bag for my camera, passport and everything handy. No check-in baggage. I love travelling light.

We set foot at the Hongkong International Airport at 10:00 in the morning, then headed to the area where we will meet our guide. We ride in this Vigor shuttle bus which brought us to Caritas Bianchi Lodge in Waterloo road which will be our home for 4 days.

We reached the hotel at 12:00 noon, unpacked our luggages and take a short nap. At around 3pm, we went out had our first afternoon lunch. lol at this Noodle house in Nathan Road. We walk around the vicinity then at 6pm we went to the night market. Had
Venetian HotelVenetian HotelVenetian Hotel

at the Venetian Hotel
a sumptous nooodle dinner, went back to the hotel and called it a day! End of our 1st day.

Our second day, is the city tour. and learned a lot from our tour guide, one that Hongkong is barely visited by typhoon because there's the Philippines that covers the country. Two, they hardly noticed earthquakes that's why they build structures esp. residences so tall but looks like structurally unstable. huh. We went to Jacky Chan Jewelry Factory and got myself, my dad and mom a stainless and gold plated band with magnets, a therapeutic band. Then at 11am, we headed to the Ocean Park. Our tour guide got us tickets for ride all u can at 50USD but i advice not to get a package tour, just buy ticket at the entrance of the theme park which will cost you only 185 HKD. You will save almost half of what we paid. We ride in the cable car, a very thrilling and exasperating ride. huh! We just took pictures and never ride a single ride inside the park except in the escalator and again cable car going back to the lowland.

Third day came, we took a MTR
MacauMacauMacau

Tower
to Central Station then transfer to Disneyland Resort line then to Sunny Bay. Enjoyed much, especially the Space Mountain---huh! If you have heart problem, never try this ride. Watch the parade in the afternoon and shows like Lion King, Madagascar, Lilo stictch, and a lot more. Took a lot of photos. Waited at 7pm the most breathtaking Fireworks of all time. Went home and arrived at the hotel at 9pm. Sleep.

Fourth day! on to Macau. Leave Hongkong at 11am then headed to the Ferry terminal. Arrived in Macau around 12noon. Registered at Wyn and Starworld Hotel casino and had a joy ride at those hotel shuttle bus. Bought some goodies near the St. Paul's cathedral the last stop is at the Hotel Venetia. Super beautiful hotel, with the Gondola ride and had coofee at the casino. Tried playing the slot machine. Not my lucky day, spent some 90HKD. Proceeded to the airport then checked-in at around 8pm. Board the plane at 945pm then flew back to Manila, arrived at Terminal 3 at around 12midnight.

Had great fun! Next destination---Singapore, Malaysia and Bangkok.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Venetial Hotel-MacauVenetial Hotel-Macau
Venetial Hotel-Macau

me at the entrance of Venetian Hotel


Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb