Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Lamma Island
October 7th 2007
Published: October 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Al has already been to Hong Kong so he was kind enough to do it all over again with me, so up Victoria Peak we go in search of a perfect view of Hong Kong Island and Kowloon (where most people live).It seems that many of China’s cities are extremely smoggy we believe its due to all the pollution from the factories, but even during “Golden Week” when the factories close there is still smog all around.
Its only been 10 years since Hong Kong was handed back to China however Hong Kong still maintains its own economic, social and legal systems and there is a huge ex pat community living there making it easy to communicate as most people speak English. Our tour has come to an end and its time to say goodbye that is until we all meet again on that world phenomenon Facebook.

Time to meet up with Max Al’s friend who lives on Lamma Island. This truly is one of the most relaxing places I have been to; we spend our days going from beach to sea side cafes for grazing and the watching the sunset with a chilled glass of wine in one hand. It’s fantastic to meet Max not only is he a bubbly entrepreneur/ inventor who understands my love for power tools and hardware shops but he owns a sandpan which is a wooden boat that the locals scoot around the waters in. Max has christened it “Gung Ho” and his friend Ida has decorated it with many colourful Chinese lanterns. We even get dropped off on our way to the airport on Gung Ho, what fun!!
One of the best views at night that I have ever seen was in Hong Kong in a bar called Aqua the view was spectacular with all the bright city lights gleaming below us. Al and I deciding we could definitely live in a place like Hong Kong. Thanks Max for being such a great host.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb