Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
June 14th 2012
Published: June 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Hong Kong early afternoon on Saturday 26th May and left again on the Monday. We jumped straight on the airport express and made our way to the city to the Austrailian Hostel in Chun King Mansions. Not exactly what we expected, it was in this market type place 16 floors up and to be honest the palce was rather disgusting. Good job we were only staying 2 nights. The room itself however was pretty nice.



On our first evening we popped out for some dinner to a michelin star restaurant we had heard about earlier on in the trip. The food was awesome and the bill came to a grand total of 5 quid each! Absolute bargain. Turns out it is the cheapest michelin starred restaurant in the world. The restaurant was situated in Mongkok so we spent the evening wandering around there to see what it had to offer. Not a huge amount to be honest just a load of shops, most of which sold cameras or rolex watches. On Sunday we made our way up to the Peak which as the name suggests is the highest point in Hong Kong and overlooks everything. The problem was it was pretty cloudy, so cloudy in fact that we were actually stood in the clouds and this kind of restricted our view. It did however clear over in brief spells which gave us a good glimpse of what the whole place looks like. Afterwards we went for a haircut, the boys were adament HK would be the safest place to do it and it turned out to be fine. We then headed for a bar and went for food that evening and that was about all. We didn't really do any partying, the place was quite expensive and we were partied out a little bit from Fiji.



Monday was the day we flew to Bangkok so we only really had the morning to explore so we walked from where we were staying in Kowloon back up to Mongkok having a good look in the nice expensive designer shops along the way. We grabbed the underground back to the hostel before grabbing our stuff and heading to the airport. That pretty much sums up our time in HK. Short but sweet!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0696s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb