Small Food and Big Ears


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
November 21st 2005
Published: November 21st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hong KongHong KongHong Kong

City Lights Shine So Bright
Well folks, the time has finally come and we will be heading back to the good ol' US of A tommorow morning. We wanted to send one last entry out to all of you who are still reading.

We have been in Hong Kong the last few days and having a fabulous time. Yesterday was a day of sightseeing and small food, which of course means in Cora's book, it was a fabulous day. We started the morning off with dim sum at a traditional chinese restaurant which was overwhelming and delicious. Dim sum is a meal of lots of small things which come in bamboo steamers. Ladies roll around carts of various items which are labeled on the front in chinese. Seeing as how neither of us has much skill in the language, we basically just pointed at things that didnt look like chicken feet or snake soup. We ended up with a delicious assortment of sweet and sour.

We took our fueled bodies up to Victoria peak and to other sightseeing destinations. We topped the day off with afternoon tea at the fancy smancy Peninsula Hotel. Afternoon tea is Cora's favorite meal ever and if she could
Donald and DaisyDonald and DaisyDonald and Daisy

While Cora's reunion with these two old friends was joyful, it was cut short due to the avian flu threat.
eat it everyday, she would. The service here was fantastic, and the food outstanding. We checked out early to prepare for the long next day.

Which was today, which was the day when we went to Hong Kong Disneyland, so that is also one of Cora's best days ever. We visited all of our friends (see photo), and rode Buzz lighyear 7 times. For something so American, this park was a fascinating and distinctly asian way to finish off our vacation. After leaving the park we headed to Kowloon to watch the light show in the skyline over Hong Kong Island. We shared a couple of Kilkenny beers- ironically, the first beer we ever shared together, nearly five years ago while in Kilkenny, Ireland- and headed home to pack.

This city is amazing. Bustling, full of people, bright lights, and so many many stairs. We highly recommend.

Well Folks, this is the end. We are very glad we could share all of these words and thoughts with you. While we are always sad to see a vacation go, we are anxious to be home and see our loved ones, loved home, and much loved dog. Now nothing
PoohPoohPooh

This reunion was more successful, as Cora and Pooh discovered they are actually long lost cousins
stands between us and Costello besides one 16 hour flight. See you all soon.

Love, Cora and Hal

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb