Hong Kong Island Day 2


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island » Wan Chai
October 5th 2008
Published: October 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

5th OCTOBER 2008 - RAINY DAY ON HONG KONG ISLAND!!
I slept well again and got up thankful that we had booked 2 nights and did not have to cart our backpacks around again! My shoulders could not take the strain so soon as they still hadn’t recovered from yesterday!! The weather looked miserable and all the people had umbrellas up. We had planned to go to Repulse Bay (what a name for a beach) but those plans were now scuppered and we had to go to plan B. We bought breakfast from a supermarket along the way and then had to go shelter in a local supermarket with hundreds of other people whilst the rain eased. We had been warned that a typhoon was coming but this was more like a monsoon!

Whilst waiting, it was interesting to people watch.....we came to the conclusion that it was National Lesbian Day as there were so many girls out kissing and holding hands. Either that or they all just 'came out' on a sunday!!! We used the rain as an opportunity to find an internet cafe and send some emails.

That afternoon we decided to brave the rain and head to Stanley market. It was a very relaxed atmosphere but more touristy than anywhere else we had been. I like it. We walked the promenade and the pier enjoying the sea view and then had lunch. It was a very relaxing day and luckily for us the rain cleared and the sun even shone for a few hours! We then caught the bus back to town at about 4pm and went back to the Hostel!

The rain started again and our room was like being subjected to Chinese water torture as we could hear one drip louder than the others on the air vent.....the constant drip drip drip drove Natalie mad however I chilled out with some music and my book! We nipped out for food in the rain later and then settled in for the night. We were heading back to a hostel in Kowloon tomorrow and hoped the backpack journey would not be as bad as the previous one we had endured!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Shopping centreShopping centre
Shopping centre

there were shops all over in Hong Kong....this was one of many shopping centres...a whole 8 floors and then a further 5 floors above the roof! For people with money....heaven!!!
Shop signShop sign
Shop sign

I just had to capture it....it was everywhere!! Sorry mum!
Debs on the Rocks....not whisky!!!Debs on the Rocks....not whisky!!!
Debs on the Rocks....not whisky!!!

This was at Stanley Market! I could hav estayed sat on these rocks all day watching the sea....so easily pleased!


Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb