A Week of Supras


Advertisement
Georgia's flag
Asia » Georgia » Eastern Georgia » Shilda
January 2nd 2012
Published: January 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

What a week it has been.. We attended Supra after supra ...drank and ate...drank and ate. We toasted to the gods, children, women, family, and peace..Have put on a least 20Kg..And Aaron‘s kidney is surely crying.

We slaughtered a pig which we ate for the rest of the week (breakfast, lunch, second lunch and dinner). Aaron had to take part in this along with the other males of the house hold mean while I sat in our house horrified at the pigs screams. Every part of the pig was eaten including the tongue and intestines which I did eat, they were not delicious!

Our family hosted the New Years supra so there was a lot of food preparation happening in our household which I really enjoyed (see pictures below).

Our week ended with New Years. Georgians celebrate New Years Eve with a supra during the day ...at midnight our village sounded like a warzone with every family setting off fireworks.. riffles and shotguns... (No we are not kidding) After the fireworks the second supra of the day began ..more drinking and more food which went on into the early hours of the morning.



Bugs Bunny
 Shashlyk  Shashlyk Shashlyk

Traditional Kakheti BBQ
Update:

My rabbit has not been eaten yet and has settled into Georgian life quiet nicely. He gets fed once a day by every person in our house and during the day has the run of the lounge. He had a close call last week when Babushka our great grandmother sat on her (she is not a small lady). I yelled Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit, but of course I was yelling in English and she had no idea what I was saying, she did eventually realise and bugs bunny was scooped from underneath her terrified but alive.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Preserving the pig Preserving the pig
Preserving the pig

Our host grandfather preserving the left over pig.
Preparing the meatPreparing the meat
Preparing the meat

Mikaela & Georgi
More pig More pig
More pig

Preparing the pig for the BBQ
The cellar The cellar
The cellar

This is where our family preserves the grapes for wine and cha cha making along with the fruit and vegetables from summer.
Preparing food for the supra Preparing food for the supra
Preparing food for the supra

Our host grandmother cooking a nut slice that was delicious.
Preparing food for the supraPreparing food for the supra
Preparing food for the supra

Our host grandfather mincing the pig meat.
Preparing dolmaPreparing dolma
Preparing dolma

Our host mother preparing an Traditional Armenian dish.
Bugs BunnyBugs Bunny
Bugs Bunny

Life is tough.
Bug BunnyBug Bunny
Bug Bunny

Resting on her food.


Tot: 0.485s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 70; dbt: 0.2634s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb