Homeward bound?


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
December 20th 2010
Published: December 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The question mark in the title is because we aren't sure if/when we will make it home.

We're at Shanghai Pudong airport, super tired after either no sleep (Tarik's case) or 3 hours (mine) and trying to keep the energy levels up by eating! We were supposed to be flying back with British Airways but they've cancelled the flight because of snow at Heathrow. Rachael is okay because I booked her through KLM and they go via Amsterdam, so at least one of the three of us should be home on time.

We left the house at 4am, and I helpfully got the email from BA at 5.30am, so we decided just to press on. The airline staff were as helpful as they could be, but the companies aren't working together. Apparently they all have deals with each other so if flights are cancelled passengers get to move onto another available flight at no extra charge, but because it's near Christmas many aren't honouring it. Both KLM and Emirates had seats, but were only selling them to the public because obviously they can charge more (KLM is £2000 for example) than if they gave them to the other airlines and know people are desperate.

We will get our BA flights refunded, so booked two from Emirates. It's a pain in the ass going through Dubai, but it was either that or wait until the 23rd, and we both want to get back to help in the shops. Luckily my dear dad was online as we were booking finding the cheapest deal, so all together it'll be an extra £300.

I am rather tired, but hope to use at least some of this time to crack on with some application related work. When I get back I'll be working in the shops, doing my tax return and writing a business proposal, so it would be rather nice if I don't have to think to much about MBA essays!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.403s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0941s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb