Another Round of KTV


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Zhejiang » Hangzhou
June 18th 2012
Published: June 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

On Sunday afternoon, Peter and I both received texts from fellow Business English teachers that we would have tea at a teahouse from 10am-5pm. I knew I had to work at FESCO until 11:30am so I could meet them at the teahouse around noon. We both thought this was a very long time but that we would show up for 1.5-2 hours to socialize with our fellow colleguages.



When I arrived at 11:45am a few of the female teachers were already there eating and drinking tea. They asked if I wanted to eat and I responded with an of course as it was lunch time. I was lead to a room that had a buffet of snacks, fruit, veggies and soups. Peter, Mark another American foreign teacher and York a Chinese teacher arrived about 20 minutes later and of course headed to the buffet room.



As we were about to leave us 3 foreign teachers were invited to KTV with the teachers from 6-9pm. I will mention this was our first gathering with all the teachers this term and they had planned the teahouse from 10am-5pm and now KTV 6-9pm...WOW!



We got a taxi back to our apartment to rest and so Pete could do some work on his website which is REALLY coming along now that he has a new project manager and developer working on it, same company but he requested new employees as he wasn't satisfied with the speed and quality of the past 2 employees.



At 5pm, we received text messages that the teachers had arrived at KTV already. The 3 of us foreign teachers got a cab around 5:45pm and spent 2 hours with the teachers in 2 KTV rooms side by side eating food and having a couple beers (only Pete & I) drank. Pete and I require some "liquid courage" in order to sing KTV and the Chinese always love it, as KTV is such a part of their culture.



Such a great way to end the Spring 2012 Term!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Susan, Wendy & MillieSusan, Wendy & Millie
Susan, Wendy & Millie

Susan is from Jinhua and Millie is from Hangzhou, not sure about Wendy just met her


25th June 2012

KTV
great times!

Tot: 0.251s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 16; qc: 84; dbt: 0.128s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb