The Yunnan and Tibetan border. Shangri-La, China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan » Shangri-La
May 19th 2012
Published: May 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So after one day in Lijiang, we took a van ride that took all day. I was originally told it was going to be 2 hours, then 5, then because we stopped for lunch and stuff it took 7 hours. So my whole day was pretty much in a van on dirt roads because there are no highways to Shangri-La, but they are being built as we speak.

The lunch wasn't too bad though. We met up with our tour guide and then went to his house for lunch. It was pretty much all Yak. There was Yak cheese, yogurt, meat, and butter tea. Liking 50% isnt too bad. I liked the meat and cheese. We also ate steamed buns, potatoes that were like scalloped potatoes minus the cheese, and tried this powder stuff that just tasted like flour but it looked like chocolate powder. I only had a little of that. After lunch we walked around for about an hour to a scenic cliff and back. It was sooooo beautiful (pictures realllllly soon!). Then we went back on the van for another hour to our hotel.

Our hotel is in the middle of the tourist area so there is pretty much everything, including a bar that is blasting music so loud right now that if I understood the language I'd be able to listen to it. It's only gotten louder as I've sat here for the past two hours in my hotel room updating yall and chilling with my friends.

After dinner we went to a circle dance, which was really fun. I participated in three dances before helping Phil bargain for a scarf then heading back to the hotel.

Tomorrow we are going to a temple for like 4 hoours because at noon we are leaving for a 5 hour van ride to Lijiang to catch an overnight train to Kunming to catch a 3 hour palne to Beijing to be there by noon on Monday.

The bass just got louder at the bar.. going to try to fall asleep. Night!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0862s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb