Day trip to Wenhai village


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan » Lijiang
September 6th 2012
Published: September 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Wenhai is located northwest of Lijiang city, it is far from Lijiang about 23km. Before everytime we liked to visit there, we must walk at least 4hours through forest and cross mountains. Now there is one very nice paved road, we can just drive about 1 hour from Lijiang up to Wenhai village.





Today we leave for Wenhai in the later morning by car. On the way you can see whole Lijiang valley, also the Wenhai lake and village from top. It is very peaceful place surround by big mountains, small lake is in the middle of plain, around is green grassland and villages. All the animals are grazing on grassland and enjoy the peaceful nature.



After we have simple lunch in Naxi family, then leave for a small Yi village west of Wenhai village at the foot of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain. This village called“Xuehua village”。There is one famous old Yi man called Bimo used living there, but he was passed for few years ago, one of his son continue to be a Bimo. (Bimo is kind of like priest in western.) we planed to visit him, but he was not home. Only his daughter, I asked her: how about your grandmother? “she is in her home” just next to here. So I am very happy to see her again, because about 5years’ ago, after her husband passed, she was stayed with some of children in Lijiang city. When we come to her home, she looks much older now, she was bending forward to looking down the ground for walking. Her granddaughter walks close to her and speaks loudly to her. Looks her ear and eye are not very good like before, maybe she told her I am here. She smiles and looks at me and asks us go inside the kitchen. Because for Yi people, kitchen is the most important place for greet guests. She looks very excited to see me again“It’s hard for me to believe I still could meet you again, long time not see you. I remembered grandfather always talked to me about you and asked me to greet you well if you have any chance come to my home”. I feel a little bit sad that I will haven’t any chance to see him again. She continue says:“he has already passed, but his spirit still around us and to be with us and protect us!” She also told me, she really enjoyed staying with her children in Lijiang city, but she realized she needs come back village to stay with her passed husband, because his spirit is in home. She likes to make fire in home all the time and keep warm. We talked a lot about the wonderful past time with her and her husband, she also told us about her past. She is great mother, she had 10 children, now there are many grandchildren. Most of them live around Lijiang city, but few of them live in Xuehu village around her.

Because time is limited, we spend almost 3hours with her and say“good-bye” to her and hike about 1 hour back to guesthouse in Wenhai Naxi village to stay.

We had great time today, on the way we saw a lot of wild flowers and mushrooms too.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb