Last few days in Kunming


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan » Kunming
May 15th 2012
Published: May 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

These last few days have been pretty fun. Monday I went back to the school that I have been volunteerting at. I also did a language exchange, which was awkward. They basically singled out the few that could speak some Chinese and put us into groups with Chinese students, some speaking English, others that couldn't that well. My group wanted to meet up with one of the other groups that had left the building to go to a coffee shop. It ended up being a lot of fun and tonight there is another language exchange, so I'm kind of excited. Yesterday we went to Yunnan Arts University where we saw a mini drama by two students, ate lunch, and then watched a few films that the students had made themselves. We got to ask them questions about the films and about their college life (one of the films was about that). For dinner, we came back to the Minds Abroad office before heading to an art exhibit. That was cool to see because one of the artist used soy sauce as his main medium! On the way to the university and to the art exhibit, our driver didn't know where to go. Instead of it taking an hour and a half, it took almost 3 hours to get to the unviersity and then it took an extra half an hour to get to the art exhibit. Still having fun though. (: Photos coming soon!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0594s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb